Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: news@acns.nwu.edu
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 90 18:01:24 CDT

Date: 11 Oct 90 23:01:20 GMT
From: The News System <usenet@accuvax.nwu.edu>
To: rec-music-gaffa
Subject: Submission for rec-music-gaffa
Responding-System: accuvax.nwu.edu

From: kaufman@delta.eecs.nwu.edu (Michael L. Kaufman)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Cathy Demos (Was Re: KonvenTion plans)
Date: 11 Oct 90 23:01:16 GMT
Sender: news@accuvax.nwu.edu

In article <1990Oct11.172200.22972@odin.corp.sgi.com> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>>Surely _these_ are the spring 1973 recordings which Gilmour subsidized, before
>>going on to produce the _Passing_Through_Air_ sessions later in
>>'73, and the _Saxophone_Song_ sessions in '75.
>I think it's more likely that the Cathy Demos are the very poor-quality
>home demo recordings.

Now I know that this does not mean anything definatly, but on the _If You Could
See Me Fly_ cd (which woj was kind enough to pick up for me, thanks again woj),
it says on the back cover "Kate Bush Home-Demos, Recorded 1974".  This really
confuses things.  I thought all of the home demos were done before 1973?  So
the question is, is the date right or is the home part right?

Michael

Michael L. Kaufman     ||    "Abandon Bob Hope all ye that enter here."
kaufman@eecs.nwu.edu   ||                        Sign over the entrance to Heck