Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-26 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lyrics Server -- I still can't use it

From: ASDURBIN%AMHERST.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 90 10:31 EDT
Subject: Re: Lyrics Server -- I still can't use it

From: asdurbin@amherst.bitnet
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Date: 5 Oct 90 10:31:41 GMT

> Yeah, very probably the lyrics server decided it doesn't like you and
> won't reply to you.  My bet is on your return address being unknown by
> umass.
>
> A good solution (all others with lyrics server problems take note) is
> to make sure you put a "Reply-To:" field with a damn fine return
> address in it.

I'm not sure that this is the problem.  I am on Bitnet, but going to school
about a mile away from UMass, Amherst's VAX is even hooked up into a local
network with Umass, and the messages I've sent to the lyrics server have
also been bounced back to me, with the same message of not having clearance
or whatever the wording was...

asd