Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: (none)

From: cray@balr.com (Chris Ray)
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 90 22:37:55 GMT
Subject: Re: (none)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <J41Bq2w163w@kk4fs.UUCP> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: kk4fs!s_fungus@crdgw1.ge.com (Slender Fungus)
>
>> >No no no no no no no no no!
>> >There was a long post that stated that she was a "HEAVY SMOKER"...
>> >
>> >I was disgusted.
>> >
>> >Then, I said "Next thing you'll tell me is that she's a Scientologist"
>> >
>> >Is she or isn't she a "HEAVY SMOKER" ???
>> >
>> >say it ain't so!   say it ain't so!
>>

>>     Ahhhh, .....  It is always so obvious that school is back in session.

                 (rave deleted..)

>> Chris Ray  (and I thought I was bad...)
>>
>> --
>> | Chris Ray  cray@balr.com
>> | BALR Corporation
>> | Software Solutions in Real Time
>
>ahem...
>No, I don't want to seem like a pretentious fool...
>I'm saying that SMOKING KILLS!
>Would you want a loved one to continue to smoke, even though it is proven
>that it can cause lung cancer and other nice things?
>My dad used to smoke, but he quit after we bugged him about it and he
>finally got his mind straight.
>I'm not saying that we should condemn her for smoking, but she should have
>some concern for her health.
>We should separate 'her life' from 'her music', yes, I agree...
>But she's given us all inspiration, and I don't think any of us want her to
>die, now do we?
>Come on, Chris...I was insulted by your post...and by a love-hound.
>Really...I don't want any hostilities on this board.
>
>sigh.
>---slender fungus...still a love-hound.

  True, smoking kills, so does alcohol, automobiles, guns, wars, illness,
fate, electricity, .....

  Now I admit that I didn't want to post so strongly, however this is the
second time I had to read that post... I refrained from comment the first,
allowing cooler heads to prevail.  But I was unable to do so on post #2...

  My question is, what is the point of the comment?  Do you want to spiral,
head long into a debate on whether or not Kate smokes, if it is healthy, if
it has affected her voice, shortened her life..(wake me when your through).
  This would rehash the same topics touched on when some unfortunate person
made comments that Kate looked alittle "plump", which took off on tangents
regarding Kates fancy for choclate, If we had any right to judge her actions,
etc. etc. etc..
  I apologise for the prevous post, but I hate to see gaffa run into a ditch
on somthing so topical.. If you want to do that you can just re-read all the
articles on flag burning, and Sinead etc.
  sigh.
     Chris Ray... still a idiot. :^)