Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Stuff.....

From: The Holy Lunching Friars of Voondoon <CARROLLJ%ALCBAN@KRDC.INT.Alcan.CA>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 90 08:26:00 EDT
Subject: Stuff.....

Hello people :-),
        I very rarely post to Love-hounds, prefering to sit back and read what
everybody else has got to say. But theres been some things over the last few
weeks that I want to comment on.

On Vickie - Sorry Vickie, but I really think that when you say -

        KATE IS         NOT      INTO GURDJIEFF !!!!!!!!!!

are'nt you trying to say -

   I DONT _WANT_ KATE TO BE INTO GURDJIEFF !!!!!!!!!!

The way it comes accross is that you are trying to fit Kate in with your own
ideals.
        No flames please. Not an opinion, just an observation.

On EMI - Ne'mind Andy, the letter may not have been successful, but it was
definately the only thing to do.

On Outback - Ed.. how the hell did you get to here about OUTBACK ????
These guys live about three miles down the road from me ! They were playing
at my local pub not three months ago.
Isn't life strange.

On Sinead - Hmm.. I think one of the major problems is how the US national
anthem is viewed outside of the US. It is seen (by myself and people that I
know) to be an aggressive and threatening thing. Again, mostly because of
ignorance, the US is in general seen as an aggressive and threatening
country. If you ask some people over here to summarise the US, the major
images are McCarthyism, KKK, Dallas, and 'The Presidents Brain is Missing'.
Still, thats ignorance for you. I used to think that, until I started
reading newsletters like this, and actually listening to people like yourselves.
If you bear that in mind when condemning Sinead, then it might help to
see things from her point of view, whether it is wrong or right.
Anyway, enough of me...
        Jem,
                < carrollj%alcban@krdc.int.alcan.ca >
disclaimer : everything is a figment of your own imagination.