Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-25 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Dead Can Dance, The Cocteau Twins, Dave & Barbara ON TOUR!!!

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 90 07:36:43 GMT
Subject: Dead Can Dance, The Cocteau Twins, Dave & Barbara ON TOUR!!!
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)

                              !!!!!!!!!

                    DEAD CAN DANCE WILL BE TOURING THE

                       UNITED STATES IN NOVEMBER

                              !!!!!!!!!

Sorry about the caps but I'm blissfully ecstatic and happy too!
It's not a vicious rumor and it's not your imagination either.
I talked to a very nice fellow who works at 4AD in New York and
he confirmed it. Dates and venues are still being firmed up so
he couldn't give me an itinerary yet, but will give me one as
soon as he can. I will then post it.
Some (tentative, don't hold me to these and don't make travel plans
just yet) dates are:

Boston-Nov. 17
NYC-Nov. 20
D.C.-Nov. 23
Chicago-Nov. 25

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, excuse me while I compose myself.....

I'm OK now. Again, I will provide exact dates and venues as soon as I
can. If someone should happen to get them before me, please post.

This is the first time Dead Can Dance have toured the US. I think (not
sure) that they've never been to the US at all. Please lets make them
as warmly welcomed as possible. Please go see them if you can. I get
goosebumps listening to Lisa and Brendon's voices and music when I'm
listening at home on my stereo (headphones preferred) and I can't even
BEGIN to imagine what it would be like being in the same room with these
people! Especially Lisa. She's an angel. If indeed there is a heaven, I
want it to be filled with people like Lisa Gerrard, Kate Bush, Jane Siberry,
Elizabeth Fraser, Victoria Williams.....well, I could go on in that vein
for quite a while. :-)

The Cocteau Twins are also touring. I also don't have dates for them but
I'll get those too. My God! Seeing The Cocteau Twins and Dead Can Dance
within a month+ of each other--I don't know if my heart can take it!
I discovered DCD a couple of years ago and I've been a Cocteaus fan
since 1984 (when Treasure first came out) and to see both groups live
is a dream come true.

ALSO, Dave and Barbara (Stewart & Gaskin) are touring the States for the
first time too. Chris and I have been fans since 1984 and never thought
we'd see them in concert either. The only date I know for Dave & Barbara
is Chicago. Friday, Oct. 19 at Schubas. In the Reader they were listed as
"Stuart Gaskin" and I passed right over the listing, thinking how unusual
and funny it was that 'that fellow' had such a similar name to D & B!! The
second week of the listing I knew that they were on tour thanks to the
fellow who posted about the Washington date. When I saw the name I knew it
had to be them so I called the venue and had it confirmed. I told them they
should definitely change the ad :-)

What a wonderful fall this will be!

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@world.std.com