Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

assorTed non-KaTe sTuff

From: woj <woiccare@pebbles.sct.clarkson.edu>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 90 21:20:23 EST
Subject: assorTed non-KaTe sTuff

a little bit of everything for everyone today - sorry mostly factual :)

talked to somebody at a&m today and asked about notheast suzanne vega
dates. this is what i gleaned. he didn't give me venues in some cases,
so you may have to do some tracking on your own...

	11 oct	westbury
	12 oct	new haven
	13 oct	the ritz, nyc
	14 oct	the chance, poughkeepsie
	16 oct  the palace, albany

talked to woody from c'est la mort and ordered my catalog (finally) and
we discussed the band area. they have a new release coming up on 22 oct,
the title of which is _fragments of the morning_. he described it as
dreamy and surreal - which is an apt description for their other three
cds as well - but a change of pace from their directions of late. we'll
just have to wait and see.

finally, diamanda galas will be interviewed on wfmu 91.1 fm next tuesday
evening at 7pm (i think that's the right time - i'll confirm that later).
for those of you in the area (northern new jersey, manhattan) *get your
tape recorders out and listen!!* this should be a good show. for thos
of you interested, but lacking the necessary antenna-age to pick up this
station, i'll be happy to dub copies for you (once i clear out the rest
of my dubbing backlog). just send me a note and give me your address...

i'd like to welcome ied back on board - you were missed! even if you can
be a little pompous! ;)

and lastly, i'm still envious of all who are going to the KonvenTion. is
ther anyone with a suitcase big enough for me to hide in?

perhaps a non-factual post to follow...

woj