Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Guitar or bass

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 90 13:58:28 PDT
Subject: Guitar or bass

Recently I described the picture of the KT Bush Band that
appeared in _Q_ magazine.  I said that I couldn't tell if
a particular musician was playing a guitar or a bass.

I was taken to task by someone in e-mail.  (Sorry, but I lost
your address and can't remember who you are.  My apologies.)
He said that I should count the number of strings.  I can't
see the strings in the photo.  He said I probably wouldn't
be able to see the strings in the photo, so I should count
the tuning pins.  Well, I can't see those either.  I don't
know whether it's the angle the picture was taken from,
or the fact that the very end of the instrument is cut off the
picture, but I can't see any tuning pins at all.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov