Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-24 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Box Set Future

From: Randall Knowles Smith <rs5o+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 90 10:48:51 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Box Set Future

I've been wondering for a while now what should become of my BBS (Read: Before
Box Set) KaTe KolleKTion.  After all, they're perfectly servicable disks, work
fine, etc., but I _know_ that, despite VISA and car bills, that Box Set is going
to be MINE soon after it comes out.  So, what should I do with my old disks,
ABS (After Box Set)?

I had been considering selling them back to Olson's (the best CD buyer around)
but then got to thinking about all the other KateFans who would probably be
doing the same thing.  So I'd have to sell them back early, to beat the rush.
But then I'd be without Kate for N days...obviously unworkable.  Then I thought
about all those Kate CDs in the used-CD bin.  Think about it: it's embarassing.
Do we want Kate CDs right next to the Heart "Bad Aminals" and 2 Live Crew's
"Nasty.."?  In fact, small pre-KateFans might see them and think that Kate must
not be very good at ALL if everything she does gets sold back!

So I just thought of a solution:  ABS, I'll JUST GIVE THE OLD CDs AWAY!
After all, I'd already considered that money gone; I never expected to sell
them back!  So, immediately ABS, I'm giving away ALL my old Kate stuff.  And
I encourage you to do the same: find some non-Kate friends, and just give them,
say, The Dreaming.  Hell, find strangers.  Make NEW friends.  And encourage them to give the CDs away when THEY buy the Box Set!

"And he went forth into the world, spreading the works of KT far and wide, so
 that all may know of them.."

Randy Smith
RSMITH@STARS.GSFC.NASA.GOV
rs5o+@andrew.cmu.edu