Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

The Box Set

From: derek%sunstroke@sdsu.edu (Derek Langsford)
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 90 14:49:39 PDT
Subject: The Box Set

Thanks to Evan and Vickie for the latest on the set.  I have heard nothing
from EMI regarding the letter IED and I sent.  But afterall it was only 10
days ago it was mailed (unfortunately).   I am not expecting any response now
as it seems the format is already set in concrete :-(.

At 70 pounds sterling in the UK one can expect it to sell for anywhere between
$110 and $150 in the U.S. depending on how much dealers want to gouge us for.
That comes out as $55 to $75 per disc of new-to-CD material. I based this on
the cost of a CD in the UK (12 pounds for full price) and what a UK import
sells for here ($18-$22) plus mark-up for those who tend to "screw" their
customers.  So save up your pennies, warn your local importer of its impending
release, and tell him/her to get you a copy as soon as is possible.

I am still wandering what I'll do with 2 import copies of the 6 albums. I
wonder if there will be sound quality differences.  Vickie, if Peter calls
again ask him if he could suggest/demand EMI use Nimbus UK for the CD
mastering.  They produce the best sounding CDs IMHO.

Does anyone know whether this is going to be a limited edition set i.e. just a
few thousand copies? If so, it may drive the price up further :-(((((.

Derek
Derek Langsford                 | "It could take me all my life,
Polperro->Edinburgh->San Diego  |  or it could only take a moment..."
derek@sunstroke.sdsu.edu        |                  Kate Bush, Love & Anger