Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Is this new??

From: lee@quincy.cs.umass.edu (Peter Lee)
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 90 13:36:25 EDT
Subject: Is this new??

   From: Love-Hounds-request@GAFFA.MIT.EDU
   Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
   Date: 30 Aug 90 16:18:43 GMT

   Really-From: dubb%megatek.UUCP@ucsd.edu (Howard Airhart)

   Since folks have asked for new music (albums, etc.), is the band Hugo
   Largo in the Love-Hounds list of acceptable groups??  I saw them about
   12 months ago and was quite impressed.  The line-up was one violinist,
   two bass players, and one singer (female).  The singer wore about 15
   dresses which she pulled off one-by-one after each song. [?????]
   Good material, great live sound.  They have recorded albums for Brian Eno's
   label, Opal.

	   - ha

They WERE great, unfortunately they have since broken up.  Last I knew, Mimi
Goese (sp?) was working as an "avante-garde" dancer and one of the guys
is in a new band.  Hugo Largo only put out two albums ("Drum"/"Son of
Drum" and "Mettle") and a 12" ("Turtle Song") that I know of.