Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-23 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sinead do not support IRA

From: Andreas Bjorklind <abj@IDA.LiU.SE>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 90 08:09:44 +0200
Subject: Sinead do not support IRA

>>>>> On 4 Sep 90 02:18:17 GMT, ccjs@cc.nu.oz.au (James Smith) said:
+> Sinead is a supporter of the IRA.  As such, she probably views the events

Actually, Sinead said in an interview for _The_Face_ earlier this year
that she DO NOT support IRA. She said that this misunderstanding,
about her supporting them, has followed her for many years, but that
she definitely do not support IRA, mainly because their violent
methods (she is a buddhist, after all).

If there is an interest I can transcribe the appropriate section of
that interview (haven't got time to transcibe it all, though).

/andreas
|G   Mr. Andreas Bjorklind, Department of Computer and Information    W |
|O Science, LIBLAB, Linkoping University, S-581 83 Linkoping, Sweden. O |
|S        Tel. +46 13 28 19 69, Internet: abj@ida.liu.se,             W |
|H         UUCP: sunic!liuida!abj, Bitnet: abj@seliuida               ! |