Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: barr roseanne? No, Skin sinead

From: wisner@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (Bill Wisner)
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 90 15:32:12 GMT
Subject: Re: barr roseanne? No, Skin sinead
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: usenet@hayes.fai.alaska.edu (J Random USENET)

>Really-From: ptsfa!pacbell!tjb@ns.PacBell.COM

>well actually i think that the reason some of us percieve sinead's action
>as an ego trip is that i doubt she would've made a fuss about any other
>national anthem than america's.

Pathetic argument. They wouldn't have *played* any other national
anthem than America's.

>so when someone like sinead starts criticizing our country you have to wonder
>what she is proposing as an alternative.

Yo! Wake up and smell the coffee! Sinead didn't criticize *anything*.
She didn't say anything, good or bad, about America. She just didn't
want our national anthem played before her concert. After all, she's
not American and the Star Spangled Banner has nothing whatsoever to do
with her music.

For that matter, playing the national anthem before a rock concert is
a pretty stupid idea anyway.

Moron.

Bill Wisner <wisner@hayes.fai.alaska.edu> Gryphon Gang Fairbanks AK 99775
"I burn a flag every night. Big ones, little ones..." -- Lee Peters, director
of student housing at the University of Alaska Fairbanks