Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-22 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Sinead

From: JONES%RPIECS.BITNET@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 90 08:09:51 EDT
Subject: Sinead

Hello there fellow Love-Hounds--
  The current Sinead controversy has hit close to home here in the
Capital District area in New York, and so I decided to throw in my
typical two cents' worth.  Sinead is scheduled to play at Saratoga
Perfomring Arts Center (affectionately known to locals as SPAC) on
September 2, and there have been recent rumours of her show being
cancelled and/or banned because of her refusal to have the national
anthem played in New Jersey.  What I basically have to say about
this whole thing is that it's pretty ridiculous; as many others have
said, I can't ever remember attending a rock concert at which the
national anthem was played.  Sports events, yes...concerts, no.  So
I don't see what the big stink is about Sinead's refusal to have the
anthem played; why should she be treated differently than any other
performer??
  That's it for now....

                                               All the best,
                                                   Deb Wentorf