Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rare Videos

From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 90 02:24:47 EDT
Subject: Rare Videos

We had another fruitful visit to a record show here in Columbus last
weekend.  New aquisitions include a couple more U.K. singles, the
_Hounds of Love_ 12", the _On Stage_ E.P.  and a couple of videos.

The E.P. has seen better days and I after hearing it I just thank
goodness that these tracks are supposed to be on the rarities CD.
As far as I know this is the only source of the live version of
_Lamour Looks Something Like You_.  In these days of lip-syncing
posers its refreshing to hear such a beautiful live performance.

Buying video compilations of Kate's TV appearances can be a dicey
thing.  Its difficult to be sure what you're getting unless the person
selling the things has a monitor to check the video out.  It seems
that the better ones often do and I'd recommend only buying things
that you can check first.  The prices are high and the quality
generally stinks but your options are pretty limited if you want to
see these gems of Kateology.

One lady was hawking what must have certainly been the rarest KT
appearances of all.  The photocopied label on her shrink wrapped
generic video cassettes touted rarely encountered Kate Bush tunes such
as "Unbeleivable," "Breath the Heat," "December Wind" and my favorite,
"There Goes a Teacher."  Anyone who can't even get the titles right
isn't getting any of my cash.

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com