Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Record Shopping in London

From: tas@inmet.inmet.com
Date: 6 Aug 90 16:31:00 GMT
Subject: Record Shopping in London
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Nf-From: inmet.inmet.com!tas Aug 6 12:31:00 1990
Nf-Id: #N:inmet:14900004:000:888

Posted for a friend:

To all followers of kate, I would like to relate to you an unfortunate
experience I had on my kateness quest during a recent trip to London.
While browsing through the local record shops, I happened upon a CD
of two interviews with Ms. Bush and a videotape which I purchased and
brought back to the states with me.  Well, the video was completely
scrambled by Gatway's new security system which was not too upsetting since
the tape is readily available in New York (and elsewhere), however, I was
astonished to find that the interview recorded on the CD was transcribed
to disc at too fast a speed.  The first interview sounds rather like one
with Alvin the Chipmunk than with adorable Kate.  At least the second interview
(which I had on a picturedisc record) was transcribed at the right speed!

God speed, and kateness forever (and hi Bernie!).

- Dave Leason