Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Further Ramblings (In Search of the Planet Gwar)

From: nrc@cbema.att.com (Neal R Caldwell, Ii)
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 90 03:46:21 EDT
Subject: Further Ramblings (In Search of the Planet Gwar)

I'm glad to hear that the Katemas festivities went well.  Here we
settled for watching the videos on Monday evening.  I feared that
the little power problem in Chicago might have caused problems for
Chris'n'Vickie so it was good to hear that they were uneffected
[Vickie, did you get my last email?].

--

I was interested to hear Andy's account of the previous KT KonvenTion
and video party.  It seems to me that with careful planning and limited

I guess it probably won't matter one way or the other, while there's a
trip to England somewhere in my future I doubt that we can make it
as soon as this fall.

--

I love watching the end of the Hammersmith show.  To see Kate so clearly
enjoying the acollades of her audience is something really special.  I wish

--

Lot's of interesting thoughts about the boxed set.  For those that are
worried about the cost, start saving those pennies!

My suggestion would be for a set of all six original album releases
and two or three CDs of B sides and rarities.  The CDs of the original
albums should be identical to the original releases except for special
art on the CD itself.  I can empathize with Andy's desire to have some
of the rare variations on CD but I see these releases as complete works
and if you're going to include something and call it _The Kick Inside_
it should be just exactly that album.

I'd like to see a complete booklet for each CD.  Not your normal CD
sized booklet but an album sized booklet containing all the art from
the original album sleeve and any variations as well as a history of
the release and some words from Kate about it.

With all due respect to those on a budget I'd like to see no expense
spared on this project.

--

Andy, I noted with interest that you included the tracks from _Kate
Bush on Stage_ in your list of tracks for the B-sides/rarities CDs.

I'd like to see some of the duets and such on there too but it seems
to me that arranging licensing for so many artists' work would be a
major endevor.

It would be nice if I could finally hear some of these demos without
worrying how Kate would feel about it but it seems like a pretty
remote possibility.  How many of these various demos are of sufficient
sound quality for Kate to be willing to release them?  It seems
that there are probably two kinds of songs among these unreleased
tracks, songs that Kate is pleased with and never had a chance to
release and songs that Kate decided where "a piece of piss".  You may
get some of the former but I doubt that the latter will ever see the
light of day unless Kate has a change of heart.  Not in any form
sanctioned by Kate, that is.

rec.music.misc.  I assume that's why he's reposting stuff since net
readers can pop over there and read it themselves.  I would have cross
posted my remarks but crossposting among moderated and unmoderated
groups seems unreliable from here.

--

Originally _This Woman's Work_ was my favorite video from the latest
album but after a Katemas viewing I've changed my mind.  _TWW_ is a

--

I came across a piece from the interview in _International Musician_
that I found very interesting in light of my earlier speculations

--
"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          att!cbnews!nrc