Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-21 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

Probably not but you should be ready for some extra time in
purgatory.

>>[Madonna] wants recognition. Oh yeah, and big bucks.
> 	Who wouldn't want to be appreciated by the people around
> oneself?
> 	And who wouldn't want a lot of money??? Would you like to try
> living without money?
> 	And what's wrong with money? Are you a Communist? :-):-)
> 	And how is Kate Bush fundamentally different??

Kate Bush _is_ fundamentally differant.  She seems unconcerned with
recognition or money beyond a level that will allow her to continue
her work.  She releases albums in her own good time and she has
declined to tour for many years.  Her primary concern seems to be
the quality of her art and not the fame and fortune that she can
gain with it.

> 	Tell me what they all think of it over there. I'd love to find
> out what they think. I hope that they can come up with less flamey

You're welcome to check in rec.music.gaffa to see some additional
reactions to your post.  Flames have been light, perhaps because
this subject has been broached before.  Most Kate fans are rational
enough to see that there are some parallels but they are parallels
between two vastly differant things.

Most of the responses over there seem to be examining differances in
how the two artists aproach sexuality in their work.  This may be
because most there view any comparisions of their musical work as
patently absurd and not worth comment.

> 	So that's what it is all about. The biggest of the Kate Bush
> fans is going to try to put a price on my head. Or else try to burn me
> at the stake. I had hoped that I had been polite in my posting, but
> when it comes down to this...

Oh, I doubt it.  It's been a kinder, gentler sort of rec.music.gaffa
these last few months as we all bask in the afterglow of Kate's latest
release, begin anticipating another and celibrate Kate's birthday.  You
probably caught everyone in a good mood so you'll live.

> 	If there is anything I would prefer, it is that you would try
> to explain some of Kate Bush's artistry to all us people of
> rec.music.misc -- including me.

Hmmm... well, that's a tall order.  We've been going on about it for
thousands of posts over there and you want us to summerize it over
here?  Maybe when a I have a few hours.

Maybe you should subscribe to .gaffa.  You might discover a new kind
of "Madonna".

"Don't drive too slowly."                 Richard Caldwell
                                          att!cbnews!nrc
                                          nrc@cbnews.att.com

Article 50083 of rec.music.misc: