Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

KaTemas and Re: The boxed set: copy of a draft...

From: think!ks25!veener@EDDIE.MIT.EDU
Date: Wed, 01 Aug 90 12:13:16 CDT
Subject: KaTemas and Re: The boxed set: copy of a draft...

1.  Happy belated KaTemas to all sentient beings on all planes of existence,
    especially to those who gathered at Chris & Vickies this past weekend!
    I would have been there, Honest! (see point 2.)

2.  An Ojibway (Chippewa) had invited me to join him in his yearly visit to
    his relatives on the Bad River Reservation in northern Wisconsin.  At
    midnight on Saturday, I was shaking hands and drinking free beers in
    Mocassin Flats, reputed to be the toughest bar in the nearby town of
    Ashland by more of his relatives the next day.  (You took who in there?
    Him?  HAHAHAHA....)

3.  As I curled up in my dew-soaked sleeping bag that morning, feeling the
    firm comfort of the earth under my hipbones, I thought about Jorn Barger
    who I have met, Chris, Vickie, and Michael Mendelsohn whom I had hoped to
    meet, and all the KaTe fans world wide celebrating our common passion
    be it pure and great or scattered and unfocused like mine, my eyes got wet.

4.  Thank you IED for the draft of the EMI letter!  It is the best and most
    informative overview of all the delightful music I have yet to savor.
    My gratitude, like my shame, knows no bounds...

Steve Veeneman      veener%ks25.uucp@decwrl.dec.com