Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

_CD International_ with Deb Wentorf's article is out!

From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 90 17:52:22 PDT
Subject: _CD International_ with Deb Wentorf's article is out!

Vol. 1990 No. 5 of _CD International_ has just come out, and it has
Deb Wentorf's article.  In fact, the cover is a picture of the
_Live at Hammersmith_ laserdisk.  Inside are lots of pictures of
Kate CD's, mostly in color.  I think Deb already posted her
article to this newsgroup, so I won't do it unless someone asks
me to.  The editor made a few minor changes from Deb's original.

In addition, there is a review of the _Live at Hammersmith_
laserdisk.  I don't know who wrote it:

KATE BUSH:  Live At Hammersmith Odeon

1. Moving (2:54)
2. Them Heavy People (4:02)
3. Violin (3:31)
4. Strange Phenomena (3:33)
5. Hammer Horror (4:12)
6. Don't Push Your Foot On The HeartBrake (3:39)
7. Wow (4:03)
8. Feel It (2:52)
9. Kite (6:11)
10. James And The Cold Gun (8:29)
11. Oh England My Lionheart (3:18)
12. Wuthering Heights (4:42)

Recorded 1979

USA: not released
England: not released
Germany: not released
Japan: MP102-15EM (EMI Music/Pioneer)

With all the attention Kate Bush gets in this issue some of you must be
already sick of her, but don't miss this live show even if you pass on all
of her records. Taped on May 13, 1979 at London's Hammersmith Odeon
Theatre, it will probably remain the all-time recorded highlight of Kate's
creativity.  From the opening song until the final bow, she doesn't stop
for a second changing costumes, moods and movements, song after song.
Once the captivating Wuthering Heights was over (during the audience's
standing ovation), I just started watching the whole disc over one more
time.  I don not belong to the Kate Bush fan club, but I do know a
sincere performance when I see one, and this concert is quite high on my
list.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov