Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

oh ... stuff

From: a pattern on a china bowl <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 90 07:39:59 EDT
Subject: oh ... stuff

some tidbits to start off KaTemas righT:

the bootleg cd of the hammersmith-odeon show has been released again. this
time on the singing pig (or something similar to that) record label. my
Kopy is on neutral zone out of korea, so i'm pretty sure that this transfer
was done by americans. the cd is called "burning desires" and the jewel
booklets has a nice picture of KaTe and a large bass ala the babooshka video,
but not the same costume.

my KaTemas present was the return of my cd player (finally!!) and i sat
down and listened to kimm rogers last night. her debut is on island
records and it's called _soundtrack of my life_. she has a distinctly
country-ish feel to her music which lends it a nice honest feel to it.
overall, i think it's pretty good - at times, she sounded much to much
like alannah myles for my tastes, but when she settled down to simply
arranged guitar tunes and sang in her semi-husky voice, it sounded pretty
good.

oh well, it's off to work i go - hope everybody had a wonderful time at
the parTies they went to. i, personally, spent the weekend at the renai-
ssance faire in upstate new york and had a wonderful time as well...

woj

"a merry KaTemas to all and to all a good nighT!!"