Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-20 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

********************* ! KATE NEWS ! *********************

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Chicago)
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 90 04:46:02 -0400
Subject: ********************* ! KATE NEWS ! *********************

Vickie here.

Peter Morris (aka Peter David Fitzgerald-Morris/"Mr Homeground") called me
today and said that he'd just come back from The Bush home (Dr. & Mrs.)
and was given the go-ahead to organize another Homeground/KBC Convention!
The KBC is footing the bill and it should be one great party! The best thing
of all is that ***Kate will be there***, as she was for the last one!!!!!

The date and venue are not set yet, but it will definitely be in October
and will definitely be held in central London. Peter said they should have
the date and venue firmed up by next week. I'll post more details as I
learn of them. Kate will probably not be there very long, at the last one
she was only there for a few minutes (IED, you can give the folks details
about that) so no one should go expecting otherwise. There will be videos
shown that only the Bush family own (at the last one, songs from the Hammer-
smith, edited from the official videotape, were shown!) and goodness knows
what else.

Peter wanted me to post this information on the net so people could start
making tenative plans, if they wanted to go. Also, he is asking for ideas &
suggestions for the Convention. What would people want to see? Do?

Here's my suggestion: It would be great to have a phone set up to an
answering machine so people who couldn't go could call and leave a short
message to Kate. The tape could be edited tightly and then sent over to
the Convention to be played at some point during the festivities. The tape
would then be given to Kate to keep. Sort of like the end of "All The Love"
only with us saying hello instead of goodbye. Your name, where you're from
and a very brief message would be just about right. We don't want the tape
to go on too long, we don't want it to be tedious to listen to. People will
have to know *exactly* what they are going to say before calling the
machine. We are willing to use our machine for this, so let us know if you
all think it's a good idea and we can get to work on the details. It's
something that could be from lots of different Katefans that would fit into
a very small package. Give it some thought OK? Plus, any other ideas you
may have, even if you can't go. Chris & I won't be able to go :-( :-( :-(
because we both just started new jobs and we haven't gotten vacation time
yet. It would be great fun to be part of it in some way anyway.

Peter had more news from the Bush family. There will almost certainly be
a Box Set released at Christmastime consisting of all Kate's albums to date,
and will include a double (or possibly triple) album of B-sides and rarities!
This is the project EMI has been working on for a couple (few?) years now
and it looks like it's really going to happen. Of course, we all know about
the "yes, it'll be ready" syndrome where Kate is concerned so don't come
back at me with e-mail letter bombs if it doesn't actually happen. I'm just
telling you that the Bush family and Peter were all very confident that it
was set to roll. Cool and really cool!!!

One more (bummer) item: "Deeper Understanding" as a single is definitely
cancelled. It's such a shame too because it would have made a GREAT video!
I should add that it's been cancelled in England. Since CBS is in control
of what happens in the US, they still could release another single, though
I wouldn't hold my breath.

Well, cheerio from Chitown...

Vickie (one of Vickie'n'Chris)
katefans@world.std.com