Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-18 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: All Quiet On The Gaffa Front

From: Baby You're A Rich Man <jsd@gaffa.MIT.EDU>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 90 00:19:37 -0400
Subject: Re: All Quiet On The Gaffa Front
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <23837.9007072130@hydra.unm.edu> Love-Hounds@gaffa.MIT.EDU writes:
>Really-From: Lazlo Nibble <lazlo%hydra.unm.edu@ariel.unm.edu>
>
>> Yes, but wait til you experience the profound letdown of a once-great
>> artist releasing an album of unlistenable crap.  OF COURSE I'M NOT
>> TALKING ABOUT KATE, YOU DWEEBS.  (Actually, I was thinking more of
>> Mike Oldfield, but I don't wanna talk about that.)
>
>Sure ya do, Jon.  But then I thought AMAROK was Mighty Fine . . .

I'm missing the joke here, as usual.  What's an Amarok?  Was it a song
on the latest Oldfield travesty?  I only owned that disc for about a
day and a half.  I couldn't keep it in my house, the wallpaper kept
falling off and the plants were dying in protest.

>"Wooooah, domo . . . domo . . . domo!"

Lazlo has again demonstrated his superior taste to us by quoting from
the highly amazing album by Martini Ranch.  I urge you all to purchase
this sizzling disc.  I really like it.  It gets the Druk Thumbs Up.
S'truth!

+---------------------- Is there any ESCAPE from NOISE? ---------------------+
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | ZIK ZAK - We make everything you need, |
| \|on |/rukman |  SIT.   Now BEG!  | and you need everything we make.       |