Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Help Meeee!!!

From: MICHAELBURTON@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Michael Burton)
Date: 15 Jun 90 04:16:29 GMT
Subject: Help Meeee!!!
Sender: news@cis.ohio-state.edu

   Help!  I've been receiving the Love Hounds Digest at a small BBS that has
a roundabout connection to the Internet.  Unfortunately, their roundabout
connection involves a long-distance call from Columbus, OH to somewhere in
California.  They connect at 2400 baud.  As you might imagine, the phone
bill is considerable.
   I was asked to cancel my subscription to the Digest.  I've sent mail
requesting cancellation several times, without result.  My account name was
changed on the BBS to ensure that future mail would bounce, in the hopes that
the mailer would get the idea.  No such luck.
   Can someone PLEEEASE do something which will remove me from the Love
Hounds mailing list?  The very survival of that BBS may hang in the balance.
(No exaggeration!)
   The mailing address I want cancelled is:
     mburton@pro-tcc.cts.com

   Please, please, please take care of this for me.  My inability to get
this mail feed cut off is making enemies for me.
   Thanks for any help.