Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

If ever in kansas city

From: elliott@unrvax.unr.edu (Andrew Elliott)
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 90 22:46:08 -0700
Subject: If ever in kansas city

Boy you lovehounds DO NOT EVEN KNOW what you have been missing!  I hadn't
either until I visited Kansas City, Missourra (sic) that is.  What is it?
IT is the community based radio program that Vickie (of Vickie N Chris) does
each friday night on 90.1 FM KKFI (Correct me if I'm wrong vickie).
When I was there recently I had the priveledge of attending her show "in
person."   I really enjoyed her show which consists of women artists and
artists that Vickie really likes.  She asserts that she won't play anything
that she does not like.  As for names of artists that might be of interest
to you all I would refer you to her playlist which she has been posting to the
net basically all the time.

Unfortunately she and Chris are moving to Chicago and so she may not be able to
do the program live.  Before I left KC there was a possibility that she may be
able to tape her shows and send them each week.  Even though I don't live in
KC I really hope that she is able to do this in that I felt like her program
was some of the best music in one block of time I have ever heard on radio.  I
wish I had the opportunity to listen more often.  If any of you every get to
KC Listen..Listen...Listen....!

By the way she calls it "suspended in gaffa"...Now if that doesn't tell you
its gotta be good I don't know what does.  AND if you ever hear of Happy
Rhodes...buy it...you'll love it!

Andrew Elliott
School of Medicine 		INTERNET:	elliott@unrvax.UNR.EDU
University of Nevada * Reno
"Music washes away from the soul the dust of every-day life."
						-Berthold Auerbach