Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cynical speculations (was Re: VaKaTion)

From: Larry Spence <csccat!larry@texbell.swbt.com>
Date: 8 Jun 90 14:50:45 CDT (Fri)
Subject: Cynical speculations (was Re: VaKaTion)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9006081341.AA19865@EDDIE.MIT.EDU> nrc@cbema.att.com
(Neal R Caldwell, Ii) writes:
>And just how long will we have to wait for the next album?  I'm
>betting no more than three years.   Sure, she's taken a year longer
>to complete each of the last three albums but she's never gone more
>than three years without some kind of major release (i.e. income).

I suspect/hope that we'll see that b-sides/rarities collection in a
year or two.  I fear that it'll come out in, say, two years or so,
and maybe two years after that we'll see another album.  But who
knows?  I'm just guessing that that would be a "minimal dribble" that
would keep CBS somewhat happy.  Judging from Kate's lack of enthusiasm
for promoting TSW, I doubt if she'll even _think_ about doing another
album for a couple of years... I hope I'm wrong.

As for income, I don't think she's hurting.  Back catalog stuff like
TD and HOL will keep her accountants happy for a long time.  And, oh,
right, TSW sold a lot of copies, too, for what that's worth.

---
Larry Spence
larry@csccat
...{texbell,texsun}!csccat!larry