Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

A little bit more about "Once"

From: Paul Davison (postmaster) <pd@cs.qmw.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 90 15:14:24 BST
Subject: A little bit more about "Once"
Sender: pd@CS.QMW.AC.UK

For those Katefans who want to know a bit more about her input into
"Once" (Roy Harper's latest album):

Kate appears for the last part (third) of the title track, doing some
fairly quiet singing of the chorus of the song, then near the end a few
seconds of louder "la-la" type singing. The music was written entirely
by Harper - no input came from Kate at all.

I also forgot to say that the album cover photgraphy was done by John
Carder Bush, and that (of course) Del Palmer engineered Kate's session
in Kent. I could post the lyrics if people want - once (ho ho) I have
been home to read them...

Paul.