Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-17 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

So many albums, so little time (Lee H. you bounced)

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
Date: Wed, 6 Jun 90 01:50:07 -0400
Subject: So many albums, so little time (Lee H. you bounced)

Hi Lee, thanks for the compliments! We're moving but we'll still be
part of gaffa. Our site's in Boston so we'll still be on the net.
We'll be busybusybusy for the next few weeks though so we'll be scarce.

> If you're up to it, I'd be very interested in seeing a compilation
> of the "top 50 albums" recommended by you two.  Perhaps you could
> post it before you leave.

Oh my! Goodness! I can work on that after we get settled in Chicago, there's
just no time right now and now you know that we're not going away for good.

Here's a start:

1. All of Kate Bush's
2. All of Peter Gabriel's
3. All of Jane Siberry's

:-)

I'm biased, can you tell?

Well, here are a few more, no particular order:

4.  Najma                           "Qareeb"
5.  Victoria Williams               "Happy Come Home"
6.  Le Mystere des voix Bulgares    "Vol. 1"
7.  Kirsty MacColl                  "Kite"
8.  The Innocence Mission           "The Innocence Mission"
9.  Monsoon w/Sheila Chandra        "Third Eye"
10. All of Dead Can Dance
11. All of The Cocteau Twins but especially "Treasure"
12. Agnes Buen Garnas/Jan Garbarek   "Rosensfole"
13. Mary Margaret O'Hara             "Miss America"
14. Julee Cruise                     "Floating Into The Night"
15. All of Throwing Muses
16. All of Happy Rhodes (except that they're not readily available)
17. A.C. Marias                       "One Of Our Girls Has Gone Missing"
18. All of 10,000 Maniacs
19. Marta Sebestyen                   "Muzsikas"
20. Virginia Astley                   "Hope In A Darkened Heart"
21. Bel Canto                         "White-Out Conditions"
22. Caterwaul                         "The Nature Of Things"

That's a start and I cheated with the "All of" bits.

Have to go now, thanks again!

Vickie Mapes
katefans@world.std.com