Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Up yours, ugly

From: pekowsky-larne@CS.YALE.EDU (Larne Pekowsky)
Date: 29 May 90 17:45:09 GMT
Subject: Up yours, ugly
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@CS.YALE.EDU

[I apologize if this was resolved earlier and I missed it.]

A while back I seem to recall someone asking why "Up your's, ugly" was
engraved in the center of one of Kate's singles.  Well, it seems it's a Young
Ones reference (as I discovered this weekend during a massive YO-fest).  At
one point in "Sick" Vyvyan's mum shows up and gives him a bottle of vodka.  He
eagerly unwraps it and discovers it's all been drunk, and she says something
to the effect of "Ha, got you!  Up your's ugly!" and leaves.  This was a
particular disappointment to Vyv, as he had earlier wasted his last bottle
trying to blow up Ric and Neil.

Man, I had forgotten just how funny this thing is.  We all barely made it past
the "tell tale garden Gnome" bit.

Does anyone have the list of other messages appearing on the singles?  I might
get some of them now.  Also, does anyone know if "Neil's Heavy Concept Album"
is still available anywhere?  And might Kate possibly have contributed to it
in some way shape or form?

				- Larne "Vegetable rights and peace!"