Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-16 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Lene Lovich

From: kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu (Agathagelos Kyrlidis)
Date: Fri, 25 May 90 16:39:56 GMT
Subject: Re: Lene Lovich
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@athena.mit.edu (News system)

When I posted a "Whatever happened to Lene Lovich?" message on rec.music.misc
about 4 months ago, I was expecting that it would pass withoutt anybody
noticing. However, I found out that there ARE people interested in her music
who gave me info about her recent activities (including 'March'), that I
didn't know, since the last time I heard about her was way back in the mid-80's
in Greece.

Here's my guess to a discography, that will not include a full track listing
since these albums are stashed by my stereo back home, waiting to be listened
to...

1) Stateless - (1978?)

Her first album that created a sensation in Europe. Includes:

Home, Lucky Number, The night (?), Say when, I think we're alone now,
and others that escape my  memory.

2) Flex - (1980)

Her second album with a wild cover of Lene in a wedding gown in a frenzy.
This album spawned the tour of Europe that fortunately included Greece,
and I had the chance to see her then (My first concert!!).

Includes:

Angels, Bird song and others that I don't remember....

3) New Toy EP - (1981)

I found this by accident at an import store in Athens. I think it was a US only
release..
Includes:

New Toy, Special Star, Savage.

4) No Man's Land -(1982)

I always wondered what happened to the song with the same title, whose lyrics
appeared on the cover, but wasn't included in the album. Anyone have any idea?

Includes:

It's you, only you (mein Schmerz), Blue Hotel, Special Star, Rocky Road, etc.

5) March - (1989)

This was a great surprise. It's such a great album, and she sounds better than
ever. I can't wait to see her live at the Paradise in Boston on the 30th of
May.

Other recordings:

- Soundtrack of "Cha Cha" - A song with Herman Brood and his wild Romance, and
			    Nina Hagen. Soundtrack also includes "Home".

- Live EP (?). I remember reading about the existence of such a recording.
  Does anybody know anything about it?

-  Animal Rights album -Duet with Nina Hagen, and song.

Well that's all I can remember, I hope someone picks it up from here...

To all Love-Hounds: Give Lene a listen. She's an original!

Angelos
e-mail to:                         |I LIKE MUSIC BY 10,000 Maniacs, Cure, U2,
kyrlidis@athena.mit.edu            |Lene Lovich, Kate Bush, Laurie Anderson,
kyrlidis@jack.mit.edu              |Sinead O Connor, Peter Gabriel, Lou Reed,
===================================|David Bowie, Velvet Underground, Tribe,
"Just like U said it would B"      |Eurythmics, Prince, Indigo Girls, Pixies