Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Mail order source for music in Vickie's playlists

From: hui@wimsey.bc.ca (Michael Hui)
Date: Sat, 5 May 90 20:24 PDT
Subject: Mail order source for music in Vickie's playlists

Can someone suggest a good music mail order store for the type of
music in Vickie's playlists? I have given up on Ottawa's local record
stores, as well as our community radio station for this type of music.
Most times the announcer asks listeners to phone in requests, and the
ensueing music is rather uninspiring. There is no specialty show
remotely equivalent to Vickie's show in Kansas City on our community
station. That station is really into rap and Australian music right
now, and nothing else. So it might not be because they don't get the
records Vickie plays, but they simply may not be interested in playing
them. For example, I went to all the record stores in Ottawa today and
could not find anything on the latest playlist, except the ones with WIDE
commercial distribution (Siberry, Bush, etc.).

michael m.y. hui  ottawa ontario canada  613-726-1182 613-765-4423