Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Homoeopathy

From: nbc%INF.RL.AC.UK@mitvma.mit.edu
Date: Thu, 3 May 90 18:06:47 BST
Subject: Homoeopathy

Several people posted factual comments about homoeopathy but others
felt they simply knew better. What are these people afraid of?

>From: Julian.West@mac.dartmouth.edu
>Crackpot medicine. "Homeopathic potency" is the negative
>logarithm of the concentration of a supposed beneficial
>agent. Potency 25 means: _zero_ molecules/litre.
>Often just as well.

Why? Just because you don't understand it? If people get better surely
that is what is important. I will add my name to the others who have said
they have benefited. If the notoriously tight-fisted British will actually
pay to go to a doctor when the NHS is free ( well almost even with Mrs T.)
then they must think there is something in it.

>From: William Manchester Shubert <ws1i+@andrew.cmu.edu>
>Treating illness, etc. with ultradiluted toxins.  Pretty much laughed at by
>99% of the medical profession.

Where? In Upper Volta - certainly not true in GB from the discussion that
regularly takes place in the press and other media. Also, widely practiced
in Europe. BTW, when did you do your survey?

Neil