Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-14 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

another CD with "Be Kind To My Mistakes"

From: duane@EBay.Sun.COM (Duane Day)
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 90 09:19:53 BST
Subject: another CD with "Be Kind To My Mistakes"

Is anyone out there aware of an 18-track CBS compilation that begins with
"Be Kind to My Mistakes"?  It also has someone doing Tracy Chapman's
"Talking 'Bout a Revolution", and a Psychedelic Furs tune, along with
a lot of things I don't recognize.

The reason I ask is because I bought Public Enemy's _Fear of a Black Planet_
on CD two days ago, and it turns out that what I really got is the above
mentioned compilation, labelled as Public Enemy.  My first reaction was,
"gee, I'm surprised they're sampling Kate, and that track to boot."  Then
I realized I just had a mislabelled disc on my hands, as Kate failed to
be joined by any other material on that track.

If anyone can give me the real title of that compilation, I'd appreciate
it.  Then I can go find out who those other artists on the other tracks are.
I'd also like to know if anyone else has a similarly "defective" copy of
_Fear of a Black Planet_.

Thanks,
Duane

************************ |UUCP: ...!sun!EBay!thismoment!duane