Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Jane Siberry & Kate (Dieties in my Book you betcha!)

From: emx.utexas.edu!ut-emx!slh@cs.utexas.edu (Susan L. Cecelia Harwood)
Date: 12 Apr 90 15:09:04 GMT
Subject: Re: Jane Siberry & Kate (Dieties in my Book you betcha!)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <9004120835.AA01970@world.std.com> katefans@world.std.COM (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City) writes:
[re: Kate Bush is God, she really is!]
>My personal equation:
>
>If
>(Kate=God)
>Then
>(Jane=Jesus)
>
>It's a fact!
>ps: though sometimes I think of Kate more as The Holy Ghost!

Now, now.  Let's be fair.  The advantage to a polytheism is that you
don't have to go around deciding who goes where.  Everyone is a face
of the same great Lady (although some are more attractive faces than
others).

Lessee... Kate as Brigid?  Or maybe Artemis.  Actually, I guess it'd
change with the songs themselves.  Like the Morrigan for "Babooshka,"
Aphrodite for "The Sensual World," or Diana for "The Big Sky."  Can't
put one to Jane yet (okay, okay, Vickie, I get the idea!  I'll go
already! :-) ).

Any road.  Kate Bush is God *and* Goddess.  She really is.
--

 The whims that we're weeping for our parents would be beaten for. --Kate Bush