Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

RarePlay

From: turney@cs.cornell.edu (Jenn Turney)
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 90 09:09:15 EDT
Subject: RarePlay
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I'd like to stake a claim for being the first member of the group to
hear "Ken" played ON THE RADIO!  Yes, you heard me correctly.

Last night's "Artists Only" program on the local college station
featured none other than Our Lady.  Playlist for the hour-long show
went:
  Sat In Your Lap
  Suspended in Gaffa
  The Dreaming
  Running Up That Hill (extended version)
  Hounds of Love (extended version)
  Cloudbusting (alternative mix)
  Experiment IV
  December Will Be Magic Again
  This Woman's Work
  Be Kind To My Mistakes (Reader's Digest version)
  Between a Man and a Woman
  Ken
  The Sensual World

I've never heard any of the alternative mixes (aside from Jon's
creations) and I know some of them have agreed-upon names.  For
Cloudbusting, the version played adds some echo to Kate's voice towards
the beginning.  What's this mix called?

I didn't know what to expect with "Ken".  It's very different, certainly
not unpleasantly so.  I want to hear it again!

Jenn (yes, THE Jenn Turney, thank you Ken Descoteaux)
----
 ||	Jennifer Turney			|  Dept. of Computer Science
\||	turney@svax.cs.cornell.edu	|  Cornell University
Her hands being cold, she plunged them into her inadequate pockets and
tried to appreciate the snowstorm as an elemental treat.