Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

capercaille

From: the evil one <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 90 21:21:42 EDT
Subject: capercaille

if any of you get the chance, i *urge* you to go see this incredible
traditional/progressive celtic band (they're scottish i believe). i
saw them last night at saint lawrence university and they were just
wonderful.

but what has this to do with KaTe, you ask?

well, i will tell you (adopting a psuedo-laurie anderson voice).

the piper played "my lagan love" and followed it up with a bulgarian
folk tune (in 11/16th time, which he described as "like any other
scottish reel, except with a hiccup at the end"). it sent shivers
up and down and sideways in my spine and i was just on this side of
tears. it was *that* good.

buy their albums - buy their t-shirts - buy their posters

they're on green linnet records.

woj (ecstatic)