Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Suzanne Vega : album, tour date, ma

From: "Ken." <cs225ax@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 90 10:44:28 -0500
Subject: Re: Suzanne Vega : album, tour date, ma

     I tried sending this via email to you, but the mailer here thinks the
Atlantic Ocean is an unpassable barrier.  Or it's never heard of the
Netherlands.  Or both.

In rec.music.gaffa, Re: "Suzanne Vega : album, tour date, ma", you write:

>As most of you will know by now, the new album 'Days of Open Hand'
>will come out on April 16th. At the same date a single/CD-single
>'Book of Dreams' will be released. The songs on the new album are:
>
>   * Tired of sleeping        * Those whole girls (run in grace)
>   * Men in a war             * Room of the street (was Cuba)
>   * Rusted pipe              * Big space
>   * Book of dreams           * Predictions
>   * Institution green        * Fifty-fifty chance
>                              * Pilgrimage
[...]

     I remember hearing bits and pieces of a song in a small interview/filler
of Suzanne Vega on Mtv.  The song sounded more like the songs on her first
album, and I assume the song they were sampling was the new single.  Is that
a fair assumption?
     Also, do you know what tracks will be on the single?
     In other words, 5 days is way too long to wait.  :-)

[...]
>I'm also wondering if there's any interest in starting a mailing list
>for Suzanne Vega related things. Let me know what you think of it.

     I think it would be great.  I figure Suzanne Vega has had a large impact
on music, definately enough for her own mailing list.  I might even go so far
as to volunteer to try to get it based on one of the machines here, but I
don't know the local policy for mailing lists and I'm not sure I'd be able to
run the thing if it did get based here.
     Thanks for the info.

>Enjoy,
>
>-Leon
>
>--
>| Leon Oninckx, Pennendijk 7, NL-4851 VB Ulvenhout, The Netherlands
>| email : rcstack@urc.tue.nl / rcstack@eutrc3.urc.tue.nl
>| member of Computerclub STACK, Computing Centre,
>| Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands

Kenneth R. Brownfield					Ken.
University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign	   ken-b@uiuc.edu
Sophomore, Engineering Computer Science.