Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-13 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Suzanne Vega : album, tour date, mailing list

From: rcstack@rc3.urc.tue.nl (Studenten Vereniging Stack)
Date: 11 Apr 90 10:41:31 GMT
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Sender: news@tuegate.tue.nl

As most of you will know by now, the new album 'Days of Open Hand'
will come out on April 16th. At the same date a single/CD-single
'Book of Dreams' will be released. The songs on the new album are:

   * Tired of sleeping        * Those whole girls (run in grace)
   * Men in a war             * Room of the street (was Cuba)
   * Rusted pipe              * Big space
   * Book of dreams           * Predictions
   * Institution green        * Fifty-fifty chance
                              * Pilgrimage

And for those people interested in her European Tour :

         Suzanne Vega - Commencement of World Tour 1990

April  16   Cambridge Corn Exchange
       17   Norwich - St. Andrews Hall
       18   Brighton Dome
       19   Portsmouth Guildhall
       20   Poole Arts Centre
       22   Cornwall Coliseum
       23   Newport Centre
       25   Nottingham Royal Centre
       26   Wolverhampton Civic Hall
       28   Leeds University
       29   Liverpool Empire
       30   Manchester Apollo
May     2   Dublin Stadium
        3   Belfast - Maysfield Leisure Center
        5   Edinburgh Playhouse
        6   Newcastle City Hall
        7   Cambridge Corn Exchange
        9   Antwerp Queen Elizabeth Hall
       10   Paris Grand Rex
       11   The Hague Congressgebouw
       12   Hamburg Stadtpark
       14   Helsinki House of Culture
       16   Oslo Koncerthuset
       17   Copenhagen Saga
       19   Frankfurt Alte Oper
       20   Mannheim Mozartzaal
       21   Stuttgart Leiderhaulle
       23   Zurich Schutzenhaus Albisguetli
       24   Vienna Austria Centre
       25   Linz Sporthalle
       27   Oxford Apollo
       28   London Dominion
       29   London Dominion
       30   London Dominion

I got the above info from the 'Suzanne Vega Info Center'. They publish
a magazine called 'Language' 3 times a year, and provide all sorts of
information on songtexts, concert reviews, background information etc.
If you are interested write to :

     Suzanne Vega Info Center
     Cilliersstraat 23hs
     NL-1092 VN Amsterdam
     The Netherlands

I'm also wondering if there's any interest in starting a mailing list
for Suzanne Vega related things. Let me know what you think of it.

Enjoy,

-Leon