Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: TKI picture disk... and a little more

From: emx.utexas.edu!ut-emx!slh@cs.utexas.edu (Susan L. Cecelia Harwood)
Date: 15 Mar 90 16:47:44 GMT
Subject: Re: TKI picture disk... and a little more
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <7539@pdn.paradyne.com> locke@nike.paradyne.com () writes:

>In an earlier post, I commented that $75 seemed like a lot for a TKI
>picture disk.  Since then I saw someone in "Goldmine" advertise an
>"original" TKI pic disk for $150, and a "reissue" for $65.
>So, if the disk was "original" (doubtful!), then it was a great deal.
>If not, it was a reasonable price!

Well, I admit that I wasn't exactly a very shrewd purchaser in this
case ("What?  Oh wow!  Son of a bitch! How much?  Can you hold this
until I go to the money machine?"), but I'm glad I did it.  The guy
did say that the list price-- whatever list he may mean, I don't
know-- was $90.  As for whether it's original, maybe there's someone
out there who can tell me how to find out?  It says "Limited Edition
Picture Disc" on the front, but that may not mean much if it was
reissued.

As for other things, in case my mailer is bouncing, I'll post this:
Anyone who has the French lyrics to "Un Baiser D'Enfant" please send
them to me.  I'm driving people crazy by playing this so much-- I
really like it.  So now I sit and play the English and French versions
over and over.  Anybody know why she recorded it in French after
_Never For Ever_ was released with the English version?  Just
curious...

I guess that's enough for today.
--

 The whims that we're weeping for our parents would be beaten for. --Kate Bush