Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Cowboy Junkies and Mary Margaret O'Hara

From: woj <woiccare@clutx.clarkson.edu>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 90 21:17:34 EST
Subject: Cowboy Junkies and Mary Margaret O'Hara

WEll, _The_Caution_Horses_ made its appearance at the station today. If
you don't remember, The Cowboy Junkies were the ones who covered Lou
Reed's "Sweet Jane" one and a half years ago; their sound is quiet,
slow, introspective and countryish. Their second album, _The_Caution_Horses_,
does not change this musical trend, but for a band this moving and this
personal, I think we can forgive them that. They did expand their sound
a bit by involving four extra musicians on the recording playing such
things as lap steel guitar, harmonica, etc. Still, it is a very stunning
release (although, I have to warn you anti-country folks, that this may
not be for you!).

For the trivia-freaks, the last song on the recording, "You Will Be
Loved Again," was written by Mary Margaret O'Hara...

Your new music voice,
woj