Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-09 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: NEWS FLASH - unless I'm the only one who doesn't know

From: gatech!mailrus!uunet!mcnc.org!briarpatch.uucp!billy@EDDIE.MIT.EDU (Billy Green)
Date: Fri, 9-Mar-90 21:09:38 EDT
Subject: Re: NEWS FLASH - unless I'm the only one who doesn't know

In article <9003090718.AA00510@gaffa.MIT.EDU> 8548222@WWU.EDU (Dave
Armstrong) writes:
>     there will be a NEW Kate CD released next week.  I don't
>     know if it is official or not but the title (he thinks) is:
>              _Introspections of The Sensual World_
>     Might be interviews, a bootleg, or "Be Kind to my Mistakes",
>     "Ken", "GLC", and "I'm Still Waiting"  He seemed to think
>     that it had four tracks on it.

According to (the distributor) Schwartz Brothers' weekly flyer (dated
12 March--bear in mind that I'm typing this on 9 March), there is an
upcoming CD-single release entitled "Aspects Of the Sensual World".
It is described as a "five-track 5" disc".  Its release date is listed
simply as "ASAP".

Sorry I can't get any more detailed information than that, but that's
the most information I've found so far.  A couple of weeks ago, I was
told that there would be a five-inch single for "The Sensual World", with
no announced shipping date and no information about additional tracks.

My guess is that the track listing will be :

(1) The Sensual World
	(since it's the new CBS single)
(2) Love And Anger
	(since they didn't get a CD-single release for it)
(3) This Woman's Work
	(since they probably won't release this as a single)
and, since CBS has to play catch-up on using existing tracks:
(4) Be Kind To My Mistakes
(5) I'm Still Waiting

Call me pessimistic, but I really don't expect *any* new material on this
disc.  I even expect the cover art to be the "sand through the fingers"
picture. . . .

Billy Green
Chapel Hill, NC

"I felt that Ginger, mistaking it for a peach, had plucked a lemon
in the garden of love."
			     --P.G. Wodehouse