Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-08 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

orig WH vocal; Kate in Playboy

From: knip sniugnep eht tniap eW <8344141@wwu.EDU>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 90 09:58 PST
Subject: orig WH vocal; Kate in Playboy

>From: MTARR@EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU
>Subject: In Defense of Wuthering Heights
>And I also like the TWS version better because it was The Song That
>Got Me Into Kate; I can therefore understand why those people whose
>introduction to KT was the TKI version would like that better.  It's a matter
>of sentiment, really.
>Meredith Tarr

This doesn't refute your point, but I would like to state that I learned
the TWS version of "Wuthering Heights" before I ever heard of _The Kick
Inside_.  I like TKI's version _much_ better for the sound of her
voice.  The new version doesn't tie my nerves in knots, make my skin
crawl into the next room, cause my eardrums to shatter, and force
my bodily organs to implode.

On an unrelated topic, somebody showed me a review in Playboy, which
I don't have, nor do I plan to, of some artist (shoot, don't remember
his name) who does a song called "Kate's Bush".  About as juvenile of
a title as I could imagine.  Supposed to be some sort of satirical
jab at her, I think.

Paul M Carpentier
"People only love me for my brain; I have a body too, you know."