Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-07 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

TSW--The videos (spoilers)

From: emx.utexas.edu!ut-emx!slh@cs.utexas.edu (Susan L. Cecelia Harwood)
Date: 23 Feb 90 03:37:44 GMT
Subject: TSW--The videos (spoilers)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

I was in Sound Warehouse, walking towards the door, when I saw that
face.  You know, the one with the flower blooming out of it.  It was
in the shape of a videocassette.  Before I knew it, it was in my hand.
And off I went to experience the sensual world...

(and now, the personal opinion portion of the posting)

"Love and Anger" I'd seen before, so it wasn't *too* surprising.  A
friend watching with me said that the ballet dancers had the same
look as the Robert Palmer females you see in his videos.  The jam
with the band was cool.

"The Sensual World" was wonderful.  I was *so* impressed!  I could
just see her climbing off of her page and into the world.  Kate, of
course, looked gorgeous-- I admire a woman who can be sexy covered (as
opposed to *un*-covered).  And the elemental changes.  Wow.  (This one
gets my vote as best of the lot.)

"This Woman's Work" made me cry.  It was a very moving piece of film.
Having been in a similar situation to that of the couple in the video
last fall, my boyfriend and I both cried.  A video has *never* made me
cry-- me, who sobs every time Romeo, Juliet, Mozart, and Cathy
Earnshaw die.  The scene that depicts the restaurant and the
subsequent drive to the hospital is intense, especially the way it
runs horizontally from scene to scene.

While still bedazzled, I think I'll submit my contribution to the
"Kate Bush as Icon" discussion.  I am most impressed with Kate Bush's
music.  I think she's a very imaginative and talented woman.
Completely unrelated to this is the fact that I think she's absolutely
gorgeous.  I have posters of her-- in fact, one is actually accorded
the role of icon on the North wall of my house.  I think appreciating
Catherine Bush as a beautiful woman does little to enhance and nothing
to detract from appreciating the musical works of Kate Bush.

Okay, I'll tear up my soapbox now-- but don't worry, I can always
build another one... and yes, Alex, I stole that from you.
Unabashedly.

--

The whims that we are weeping for our parents would be beaten for. --Kate Bush