Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Kate Books

From: Jorn Barger <barger@aristotle.ils.nwu.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 90 15:39:25 CST
Subject: Re: Kate Books

Thanks to all who responded to my book queries-- there was enough enthusiasm
for the annotated-lyrics project that I'm ready to dive in...

How about starting with side one of TKI--

we all know that Moving is about Lindsay Kemp, but what is "you crush the lilly
in my soul"?

was there really a Berlin bar with a saxophonist?

are we agreed that
"G" arrives refers to Gurdjieff as Ouspensky spoke of him in the book "In
Search of the Miraculous"?
I think om mani padme hum is something like "hail the jewel in the lotus"?

"Beelzebub" is a name for the devil, also the hero of Gurjieff's hardest book.
but why is he aching in her belly?
Wellios is Wellington boots.
is there a metaphor-story here?

"lost on some horizon" refers tacitly to James Hilton's "Lost Horizon", a novel
about the himalayan utopia of shangrila
how unambiguously does this seem a song about masturbation?

anyone current enough on bronte to give a tight plot synopsis of w.h.?

--pedantically yours, jorn