Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-05 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Rumours

From: Doug Alan <nessus@athena.mit.edu>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 90 15:49:43 EST
Subject: Rumours
Sender: nessus@GAFFA.MIT.EDU

> [IED:] As for :>oug's allusion to a "rumor" that Kate "had a crush"
> on Lindsay Kemp, IED wonders where our Pseudo-Moderator comes up
> with this kind of irrelevant and frivolous crap? It's the first IED
> has ever heard of such a "rumor", and he hopes the last, barring the
> presentation of any actual evidence.

It hardly seems to me that discussing the possible subject matter of
"Moving" is either frivolous or irrelevant.  I don't know where the
rumour re Lindsay Kemp comes from, but I would guess it merely comes
from the fact that Kate *has* said that "Moving" was inspired by
Lindsay Kemp, and the song appears to be a love song of sorts.  If you
know that Lindsay Kemp is gay and a dance/mime artist, the song makes
a lot of sense if read as a love letter to him.  The dear reader can
make up his or her own mind on the issue.

|>oug

J is for jon who roared like a mouse