Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: I *like* peas

From: Lazlo Nibble <lazlo@ariel.unm.edu>
Date: Sun, 4 Feb 90 13:24:11 -0700
Subject: Re: I *like* peas

Will Robinson writes (about Beautiful Pea Green Boat):

> (any group that sounds like Propaganda I want to hear...)

Dave posted the relevant discographical info . . . I picked this up last
week and enjoyed it quite a bit.  When they're compared to Propaganda
that's more a description of the production than the band's music -- BPGB
definitely have the ZTT "Big Sound" down pat and they only sound as techno
as Propaganda on a few tracks, though on those tracks it's a pretty
convincing comparison.  The vocalist is just a liiiiittle more
breathy than Claudia Brucken or Suzanne Freytag . . . :-)

I wouldn't call it "essential listening" but it's a decent album.

                                                   Lazlo (lazlo@ariel.unm.edu)
"At last!  A cure for loud Hawaiian shirts!"