Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-04 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: Mistakes, politics and such

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (Death and Comics)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 90 10:41:03 -0500
Subject: Re: Mistakes, politics and such
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

The world is slowly but surely heading towards armageddon because
Chris 'n' Vickie actually *agree* with me on something.  Thanks for
your support guys - I agree entirely, wholeheartedly, unreservedly,
although my disappointment at the castration of BKTMM stems from the
fact that the track now feels rushed and it has lost some of those
great special effects like where the word "now...." trails into an
airy swatch of reverb...  But nice to see SOMEONE doesn't think I'm
crazy.  Another part of my disappointment stems from the fact that now
all the changes in the song are very predictable and fall always on
the fourth measures.  They used to be in weird spots like five and
seven which often happens when you're trying to sync to film.  Now the
song has just become that much more 'safe'...

Now here's something that should be of interest to all.  My housemates
came back from England and brought me a SENSUAL WORLD T-SHIRT!  this
is a really cool design, I think, certainly blowing away the
'official' EMI hounds of love shirts.  It says "KATE BUSH" down the
side in red lettering against a black background while next to it is a
low-res (you can see the dots) version of the Sensual World Single
cover (ie: Kate letting sand run thru fingers).  They don't remember
the store name but it was on Carnaby Street and the store had two
level - the T-shirt was on the bottom level.  They play really loud
music there too.  Good luck getting one kids - it's really spiffy.

|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I can say with confidence I know a     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  fair bit about LSD."   -- Dan Rather   |