Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Re: the owl and the pussycat

From: jsd@GAFFA.MIT.EDU (when you're dreaming, you're alive...)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 90 13:45:52 -0500
Subject: Re: the owl and the pussycat
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

Julian West asks:
> P.S.: Who are these "Boat" people anyway?

I assume you mean, what is this Beautiful Pea Green Boat band thing
all about?  Well, from what I can tell, it's a British duo comprised
of Ian Williams and Heather Wright.  Ms. Wright has a wonderful voice,
and the songs are great.  Very early-80's techno stuff, but with some
more up to date influence.  Maybe like Eurythmics a little.  It
reminds me a lot of a heavier sounding Propaganda mostly, because the
arrangements are so thick.

All clear?
|  |   |\       | jsd@gaffa.mit.edu | "I can say with confidence I know a     |
| \|on |/rukman | jsd@umass.bitnet  |  fair bit about LSD."   -- Dan Rather   |