Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-03 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Dagmar Krause (was Re: Vickie's playlist #97)

From: ewing@se-sd.NCR.COM (David Ewing)
Date: 22 Jan 90 19:31:47 GMT
Subject: Dagmar Krause (was Re: Vickie's playlist #97)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa

In article <614@west.West.Sun.COM> rar@balungan.West.Sun.COM (Rob Rosen - N/W Region Consulting) writes:
>	Vicky says:
>>Dagmar Krause            Supply & Demand            Kannonen Song
>>  "      "                 "        "               Dashied von der Moldau
>>  "      "                 "        "               Supply & Demand
>>  "      "                 "        "               Der Song von Mandelay
>>  "      "                 "        "               Alabama Song
>>rmm [I need more information about her. History? Background? Help?)
>
>	For some reason, my memory is telling me that Dagmar Krause
>is (the late) Nico's real name.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?

No,  Dagmar Krause is not Nico.
She used to be in a band called "Slapp Happy" with Peter Blegvad.

Slapp Happy used to collaborate often with the great band
"Henry Cow".

The work with Henry Cow was more adventurous.  Not for the timid.
Slapp Happy were more "accessible".

Dave Ewing
ewing@se-sd.sandiego.ncr.com

"Art is not a mirror.  It is a hammer"