Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

Vickie's playlist #97

From: katefans@world.std.com (Chris'n'Vickie of Kansas City)
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 90 05:17:33 EST
Subject: Vickie's playlist #97

Vickie here.  This is last Saturday's show, I've just been too lazy
to type it in before now.
                             Yes, USENET, this YOUR show!

As I see women mentioned on the net I jot their names down, if I
know who they are or not. Then I go through my record collection
& pull out those artists mentioned, that I have. If you scan the list
below and see an artist you've mentioned on the net (rec.music.gaffa,
rec.music.misc) or via e-mail correspondence with me, you can be
absoloutely assured that the song was inspired by your mention.

(The one exception is Jevetta Steele. This was a local request)

rmg-rec.music.gaffa
rmm-rec.music.misc
em-email

                            SUSPENDED IN GAFFA 98
                               The USENET Show
                            Playlist for 1/13/90

*Artist*                 *Album*                  *Song*

Kate Bush                The Sensual World         Deeper Understanding
rmg [The ultimate "computer interface" song. "I turn to my computer like
     a friend". Dedicated to you all & to the original MIT TMRC Hackers.]

Kronos Quartet           Winter Was Hard           Bella By Starlight
em  [They're coming here in concert. YAY!!]

Jevetta Steele           Bagdad Cafe soundtrack    Calling You
    [I promised this last week & bumped it for the critter show]

Sinead O'Connor          Captive soundtrack        Herione
rmg  [Had 3 calls asking if this was from her new LP]

Le Mystere...    * A Cathedral Concert *    Mrs. Nedelja Became Famous
rmm  [love their titles. This CD was recorded live in Bremen, Germany)

Sarah McLachlan          Touch                      Out of the Shadows
rmg  [What's she doing now? Apprentice genius-keep an eye on her]

Dagmar Krause            Supply & Demand            Kannonen Song
  "      "                 "        "               Dashied von der Moldau
  "      "                 "        "               Supply & Demand
  "      "                 "        "               Der Song von Mandelay
  "      "                 "        "               Alabama Song
rmm [I need more information about her. History? Background? Help?)

bits from "What is Brazil?" documentary
Helen O'Connell                                    Brazil
rmg [my all-time favorite film "...and softly whispered someday soon"]

                            Duet set
Crystal Gayle/Tom Waits                            Picking Up After You
rmm [This is from the "One From the Heart" soundtrack album.

Pogues/Kirsty MacColl     If I Should Fall...      Fairytale of New York
em  [I never get to play this at Christmastime because I've dedicated
        myself to having "anti-Christmas" Christmas shows]

Capercaillie                Sidewaulk           Alasdair Mhic Cholla Ghasda
rmg [Ohhh, thank ya ed]

Virginia Astley/David Sylvian                      Some Small Hope
rmg [This is from Virginia Astley's LP "Hope in a Darkened Heart"-Great!]

Steve Tibbetts/Claudia Schmidt  Exploded View      Assembly Field
rmm [One of my favorite albums to do anything by]

Ensemble Alcatraz           Visions & Miracles     Fontis in rivulum
em [Transported back in time, I float..............away........]

Eno/Byrne/?female  My Life in the Bush of Ghosts   Very, Very Hungry
rmg [CD-only track WHO IS THIS WOMAN??? It's not Dunya Yusin]

Bel Canto                  12"                      Dreaming Girl (extended)
em [one of my favorite recent releases]

Kate Bush                  B-side                   I'm Still Waiting
guess

Beautiful Pea Green Boat   Still Life               Among the Ruins
rmg [stupid name-wonderful band.  "gritty ethereal?" uh..

Heavenly Bodies            Celestial                Anima (live, CD-only)
rmg [on C'est La Mort records-America's 4AD]

Innocence Mission          12" b-side               Your Advice
    "        "              same                    You Chase the Light
                                                           (acoustic version)
rmg [I really love this band. Good music, wonderful lyrics, pretty voice,
    nice people & they have GREAT taste in music-Cocteaus,Bush,Siberry,Gabriel)

k.d. lang                  Absolute Torch & Twang    Big, big Love
em  [she's coming here the 25th. Next week's show will be completely
     dedicated to her.]

This is only part one. I went home without playing Young Marble Giants,
Hex, Jane Siberry, Laurie Anderson & many, many others. I'll by back in
two weeks with more from USENET.

                         THANKS!!!

Vickie (one of Chris'n'Vickie)

                no, we don't have a signature line 'cause
                we don't know where the damn thing is
chris@world.std.com             or                  katefans@world.std.com