Gaffaweb > Love & Anger > 1990-02 > [ Date Index | Thread Index ]

No Subject

From: usenet@ames.arc.nasa.gov
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 90 23:46:29 PST

To: ames!rec-music-gaffa
From: ed@das.llnl.gov (Edward Suranyi)
Newsgroups: rec.music.gaffa
Subject: Re: Experiment IV
Date: 17 Jan 90 07:46:26 GMT
Sender: usenet@lll-winken.LLNL.GOV

In article <9001170516.AA08669@ultb.isc.rit.edu> jjw7384@ISC.RIT.EDU (Jeff Wasilko) writes:

>Is Experiment IV available on any US album other than The Whole Story?
>
>I've got all 6 of Kate's US albums, but Experiment IV is nowhere to be
>seen.

"Experiment IV" was a track specifically written for _The Whole Story_.
It doesn't appear on any other album.  It's not unusual for an artist
to include a new track on a compilation album; as a single it helps
promote the album, and it encourages fans who have all the previous
albums to buy the compilation anyway.  (Sure worked in my case!)

There is a single (both 7" and 12") of "Experiment IV".

>Has anyone transcribed the VH-1 interview? I haven't seen it posted here
>yet, and I caught the last 10 minutes of it on tape tonite. If no one
>has, I'll start with what I have and wait for VH-1 to show it again.

I really hope someone else does it, as it takes so long for me to
transcribe even a five-minute interview (everybody talks faster than I
write).  The VH-1 interview hasn't been posted here yet.  If nobody does it
soon I'll try to find a free afternoon to transcribe it.

Ed
ed@das.llnl.gov